A Massive Global Opportunity
- Global consumers spent $374 billion on snack foods between 2013 and 2014.
- This represents a 2% year over year growth rate, with developing continents averaging 4% to 9%.
- 45% of global snack consumers are seeking healthier alternatives.
- 35% of global snack consumers believe sustainability is very important.
- Of total global snacks, salty snacks represent $70 billion.
- Demand is driven primarily by taste and health.
Source: Nielsen Global Snack Food Survey 2014